Despite not intending to blog any meal today, I just have to mention the food because it is pretty good value for restaurant dining. Here's what we had:
* Lovely sayur lodeh (S$5) with chopped young nangka/jackfruit, chayotes (labu siam) and belinjo seeds - items not usually seen here.
* Rendang Daging Sapi (S$7) - robust beef rendang stewed until the flavour has completely penetrated the meat.
* Ayam kampung goreng bumbu - deep-fried kampung chicken with delicious crispy galangal floss (S$4.80 per piece)
* Sambal teri tempe (S$6) - crispy fried tempe sambal with peanuts and whitebait
* Pergedel sapi (S$1.50 each) - this must be the creamiest, smoothest pergedel or begedil I've tasted, almost like yam paste!
* Complimentary chicken curry gravy - so very lemak and tasty!
The food is not spicy hot, but very richly flavoured. All served in a pleasingly chic, elegant environment with white leather seats. And, they provide iced water here. Hurrah.
First photoless food blog. Doesn't quite work, does it? lol
I will most certainly be back to take photos to do this place justice. Eyeing the sambal udang petai even though I know rest of family won't touch it!
GARUDA PADANG CUISINE
1 Harborfront Walk
(the main outlet is at Cairnhill Place)
MIL is back home after more than 24 hours in a very cramped ward filled with elderly folks. The doctors aren't sure what happened but fortunately she is stable now, albeit feeling feeble and weak. I think they can't do much, due to her age - she's going to be 81 next week!