Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Homemade cereal prawns
Some dishes I don't even dare think about making at home, because they just SEEM too difficult to replicate. Cereal prawns, for instance. But boy, am I wrong! All you need to do is
1. Clean and devein prawns, trim the whiskers/front part of heads.
2. Deepfry the suckers until the shells are crisp (I love eating the shells!).
3. In a separate frying pan, heat 50g of butter, and fry a handful of curry leaves and sliced chili padi (2-5 is sufficient).
4. Toss in some cereal mix (ready made packs available; or prepare your own).
5. Watch the cereal miraculously transform your lake of oil into a dry Sahara field of flakes, and toss in your prawns. Mix well for a bit and serve hot. THAT'S IT!
Now I never need to order this outside ever again. If you buy S$5-6 worth of prawns, you can make what would cost easily S$20 outside. And at home, you can at least make it less oily if you prefer.
© CAMEMBERU | All rights reserved.