Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Asia's 50 Best Restaurants 2013
The winners of the inaugural Asia's 50 Best Restaurants awards have been announced at a gala event held at Marina Bay Sands. Organised by Restaurant Magazine, sponsored by San Pellegrino and Acqua Panna, the list is a result of voting by over 900 international restaurant industry experts. It's the Asian edition of the World's 50 Best.
Topping the list is Tokyo's Narisawa, which also was the S.Pellegrino Best Restaurant in Japan. China, Singapore and Japan dominated the list of 16, 10 and nine restaurants respectively.
ASIA'S 50 BEST RESTAURANTS 2013
(links go to my own experiences with the restaurant/chefs - I seriously need to add more!)
1. Narisawa, Tokyo, Japan
2. Nihonryori Ryugin, Tokyo, Japan
3. Nahm, Bangkok, Thailand
4. Amber, Hong Kong, China
5. Restaurant Andre, Singapore
6. 8 ½ Otto e Mezzo Bombana, Hong Kong, China
7. Mr & Mrs Bund, Shanghai, China
8. Ultra Violet, Shanghai, China
9. Iggy’s, Singapore
10. Gaggan, Bangkok, Thailand
11. Waku Ghin, Singapore
12. Caprice, Hong Kong, China
13. Lung King Heen, Hong Kong, China
14. Les Amis, Singapore
15. Bo Innovation, Hong Kong China
16. Quintessence, Tokyo, Japan
17. Dum Pukht, New Delhi, India
18. The Chairman, Hong Kong, China
19. Eat Me, Bangkok, Thailand
20. Wasabi By Morimoto, Mumbai, India
21. Hajime Restaurant, Osaka, Japan
22. JAAN, Singapore
23. L’atelier De Joel Robuchon, Hong Kong, China
24. L’atelier De Joel Robuchon, Singapore
25. 28 Hubin Road, Hangzhou, China
26. Bukhara, New Delhi, India
27. Sushi Mizutani, Tokyo, Japan
28. Indigo, Mumbai, India
29. Sra Bua By Kiin Kiin, Bangkok, Thailand
30. Varq, New Delhi, India
31. Aronia De Takazawa, Tokyo, Japan
32. Shinji by Kanesaka, Singapore
33. Kahala, Osaka, Japan
34. Franck Bistro, Shanghai, China
35. Osteria Mozza, Singapore
36. Bo Lan, Bangkok, Thailand
37. Robuchon Au Dome, Macau, China
38. Nihonbashi, Colombo, Sri Lanka
39. Sushi Saito, Tokyo, Japan
40. FU1015, Shanghai, China
41. Indian Accent, New Dehli, India
42. Ishikawa, Tokyo, Japan
43. Gunther’s, Singapore
44. Karavalli, Bangalore, India
45. Jade on 36, Shanghai, China
46. Yardbird, Hong Kong, China
47. Don’s, Hanoi, Vietnam
48. Fook Lam Moon, Hong Kong China
49. Imperial Treasure, Singapore
50. Mozaic, Bali, Indonesia
The cocktail reception was abuzz with culinary luminaries. Everywhere you looked there was a famous chef or restauranteur. It was like Oscar night for the makan world.
Here's Tetsuya Wakuda posing for a shot. He is so affable.
It was truly an amazing evening. We had a great after-party too, with fabulous food and champagne!
Not surprisingly, Restaurant Andre was named Singapore's best. Whenever people ask me which restaurant is the best in Singapore, I always say Andre's. Hands-down. How often we get to eat there, well, is another matter entirely, of course.
Other awards given out:
Janice Wong of 2am: Dessert Bar - Asia's Best Pastry Chef award.
JAAN with Julien Royer at its helm - "One to Watch" award
Seiji Yamamoto of Ryugin - Chefs' Choice award
Paul Pairet of Mr & Mrs Bund and Ultraviolet - Lifetime Achievement Award
Duangporn Songvisava of Bo.lan - Asia’s Best Female Chef award
Congratulations to all the winners!
© CAMEMBERU | All rights reserved.