HungryGoWhere GSS Orchard Dining Delights
3 June to 14 August 2016
Ito-Kacho Fine Yakiniku333A Orchard Road #04-08/09/10 Mandarin Gallery, Singapore 238897
Ito-Kacho is one of the best places for yakiniku. The wagyu is from Kagoshima, and it's chilled, not frozen. Every bite is such a divine treat.
The promo here is 20% off total bill with a minimum spend of $100 (here's the direct link to the reservations page with full terms and conditions).
Here are some of the highlights:
- Wagyu Toku-Jo-Bara (S$69++)
- Wagyu Ribeye (S$90++) *not on the regular menu; subject to availability
- Kainomi (S$29++): my favourite!
- Kurobuta Karubi (S$19++)
- Tsubo-Zuke Kurobuta (S$19++)
Side dishes to complement the meats:
- Ito-Kacho Salad ($9.90++)
- Dashimak Tamago ($6.80++)
- Kimchi Moriawase ($9.90++, not pictured here)
- Ishiyaki Bibimbap ($15++)
- Ishiyaki Sundubu-Chige Soup ($15++)
Milagro Spanish Restaurant181 Orchard Rd #08-06/07 Orchard Central, Singapore 238896
Milagro is a bit of a hidden find, tucked upstairs in Orchard Central. I was pleasantly surprised by the food. They are offering:
a) 20% off Paella from Sunday to Thursday
b) 1-for-1 Main Courses from Monday to Friday; lunch only
- Arros Negre (Squid ink rice with prawns, clams, squid, scallions and a splash of cognac; $49 for mini, $79 for standard size): we really liked this one. It's got all the umami from the seafood beautifully infused into the rice.
- Paella Valenciana (classic paella featuring chicken, French beans, saffron and spices; $38 for mini, $59 for standard size): the regular paella is ok but pales a little in comparison to the squid ink version.
- Hickory-smoked Salmon ($23++): the salmon is done perfectly, still moist and tender inside. The foam is what lends it an ethereal hickory smokiness. In this case, it isn't a gimmick but it works. And what a fabulous 1 for 1 deal this is!
- Braised Beef Cheeks ($23++): Generous chunks of tender beef in a rich stew. It's easy to like, but the salmon was what blew us away.
Makan@JenLevel 10 Hotel Jen Orchard Gateway, 277 Orchard Road, Singapore 238858
If there's something Singaporeans can't get enough of, it's a buffet. Makan@Jen has several offers:
a) 4th diner dines free for Weekend Seafood Buffet Dinner ($65++/pax) on Friday & Saturday
b) 4th diner dines free for Weekend Singapore Roast Brunch Buffet ($42++/pax) on Saturday & Sunday
c) 4th diner dines free for Sunday Buffet Dinner ($42++/pax)
We had the roast-themed Wednesday dinner buffet which is not part of the HungryGoWhere GSS promotion but it gives you a sense of what to expect especially for the weekend seafood buffet dinner (expanded seafood spread) and the Sunday buffet dinner.
Save some room for dessert; they have eight flavours of ice cream like coconut, chendol, sweetcorn and yam. Some of these really evoke old school memories.
The full list of HungryGoWhere’s GSS Orchard Dining Delights deals can be found here: www.hungrydeals.sg/gss
Happy shopping and eating! Share this with your friends and family too!
Many thanks to HungryGoWhere for the fabulous food trail!