Singapore is getting its first ever theatrical pop-up dining experience. Diners can look forward to Chapter One of STORIES: A Theatrical Pop-up Restaurant at the historical Tanjong Pagar Railway Station from 26 to 29 June 2014. The building will be transformed for immersive drama filled with old Singapore tunes. A cast of storytellers led by Train Station Master John Smith will bring to life the history of the beloved 82-year old landmark.
This event is presented by My Private Chef, which has revealed a five-course menu with ingredients steeped in local cultures, and paired with wine. Chef Stephan Zoisl says, "We have studied the history of the national monument to embed key milestones in every course."
The Austrian-born chef has lived here for eight years, and is bringing his expertise in modernist cuisine to craft a meal to showcase Singapore's multicultural background. The dishes include salmon sashimi with fennel, mandarin orange textures, rempah vinaigrette with lime and coriander. The main course promises to be Peranakan meets Parisian, a 24-hour braised duck confit prepared with Peranakan curry jus and local herbs. Sounds like an adventure already!
STORIES will host up to 100 diners for weekend lunch and 150 diners for daily dinner. Tickets for the lunch and dinner events are priced at S$188 to S$248.
The opening night is sold out already!
Get your tickets at the following ticketing partners:
1. Peatix - http://stories.peatix.com
2. EventClique - http://myprivatechef.eventclique.com/Online/default.asp
3. SISTIC - http://www.sistic.com.sg/events/popup0614
Follow the updates on their Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/myprivatechefsg
GIVEAWAYAnd yes, I have one S$248 dinner ticket to give out to a lucky reader. All you have to do is
1. Share this post on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any major social media platform (as usual, I will also post on Facebook for easy sharing). Please add hashtag #STORIESsg and copy me @camemberu
2. Email me (email@example.com) your social media post link(s) - make sure they are public, so I can see them, or send me a screenshot if it's a private account.
Deadline is 10pm, 23 June 2014, so that the organisers have enough time to coordinate prize collection logistics. I will pick and email a winner that very night.
Photos all courtesy of My Private Chef. This event is supported by the Singapore Tourism Board (STB) with sponsors including De Dietrich and Moet Hennessy Diageo.