The Marina Bay Sands Epicurean Market is back 14-16 August and it looks to be an all out fine food extravaganza. Picture this - 2,000 kg of seafood, 20,000 fresh oysters, 20 kg of caviar, and an estimated 15,000 pizzas! And that's not counting wines and spirits.
The chefs are so excited, they've put together this video for you. It's cute!
Here are the signature dishes you can sample from 10 celebrity chef restaurants (including one "akan datang" Spago!):
Adrift: Californian heirloom tomato toast with vanilla and turmeric, Pineapple tamarind glazed pork ribs, and its signature King crab melt with pimento cheese.
Bread Street Kitchen: Potted Salt Beef Brisket, Dingley Dell Pork Belly and traditional fish and chips.
CUT by Wolfgang Puck: Indian spiced wagyu short ribs and Char siew pork buns.
db Bistro & Oyster Bar: freshly shucked oysters and seafood dishes
Long Chim: Tasty Thai treats like Aromatic beef skewers, grilled eggplant salad with dried prawn, charred rice noodles with pork and yellow beans, and deep-fried chicken with plum sauce.
Osteria Mozza: grilled octopus and a new cold pasta dish -- the Squid Ink Chitarra Freddi with sea urchin, fresh crabmeat and jalapeno pesto.
Pizzeria Mozza: pizzas such as Margherita, Aglio Olio, Prosciutto di Parma with Rucola and Bianca with sage.
Sky on 57: Seared Wagyu tri tip with slow cooked egg, lu shui truffle sauce, Chilled Somen with sze chuan pepper-peanut sauce, dried bean curd, cuttlefish and sakura ebi and Braised Dorper Lamb Ribs with Asian spice, dried fruit-nut, turmeric cous cous.
Spago (joining ahead of its official opening): Handmade Agnolotti and Spicy tuna tartare
Waku Ghin: Marinated Botan Shrimp with sea urchin and oscietra caviar, Grilled Rolled Ohmi Beef with fresh wasabi and Japanese musk melon from Shizuoka Prefecture. Chef Tetsuya Wakuda will also have a second booth focusing on 12 exquisitely delicate pastries.
More highlights of Epicurean Market 2015:
- Over 35 masterclasses from celebrity chefs and various experts
- Farmer’s Market with the freshest produce, including Chef Daniel Boulud’s famous Epicerie Boulud
- Fine wines, spirits and premium coffee
- Cocktail Bar and Whisky Lounge by Diageo with mini-workshops by experts
- After Party on 14 and 15 August 2015
- Exclusive tasting sessions of LOUIS XIII de Rémy Martin and Single Malt by Glen Ord Distillery
The three-day ticket passes are priced at $28 each. This includes two premium red wine glasses by Schott Zwiesel (usual price S$38) and admission to the after party. You can book your tickets here:
TICKET GIVEAWAYSo yes, I am very happy to announce I have five pairs of tickets to give away. Each of these includes the wine glasses. All you have to do is this:
1. Share this post (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc) and tag one person you'd like to go with, and the name of one dish from the signature items above that you'd definitely want to eat there.
2. Email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) the link of your shared item(s) with the email header "MBS EPICUREAN GIVEAWAY". Please make your post(s) public, so I can see it. Some of you in the past have asked me how to find that link -- just click on the timestamp of your Facebook or Twitter post. It will bring you to the page where your post is. The URL is the dedicated link. If you still can't figure it out, just send me a screenshot and your FB or Twitter page. I'll look for your post.
Get extra chances to win via Facebook! Share my post there and tag others too.
I will choose and contact five winners by 5 August 2015. We will arrange redemption letters to be sent to the winners so they can collect their tickets at the box office.
Thanks to MBS for sponsoring the tickets. Photo courtesy of MBS, of the Epicurean Market 2014.